Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Works containing this subject

the Archangel Raphael
11G185


One of the seven archangels. Raphael means 'the Healing of God', and his symbol is a jug of oil or a fish, reminiscent of the healing of Tobit. He is patron of the sacrament of confession.

Browse full subject index  List related subjects

  Christ Restores Sight to a Blind Man with St Raphael and St Luke Christ Restores Sight to a Blind Man with St Raphael and St Luke
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1967
Church of St Gabriel, Brynmill, Swansea
west wall of the north aisle
  St Raphael and Tobit and the Angel St Raphael and Tobit and the Angel
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
1896
Church of St Margaret, Roath, Cardiff
west wall of the nave
  St Raphael St Raphael
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1902
Church of St Mary, Betws-y-coed, Conwy
north aisle
  The Nativity with Michael and Raphael, and Scenes from the Gospels The Nativity with Michael and Raphael, and Scenes from the Gospels
firm/studio: Morris, Marshall, Faulkner & Co.
designer: Edward Coley Burne-Jones
1873
Church of St Michael, Forden, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  St Raphael    from    Archangels St Raphael
from Archangels

Church of St Benedict, Clydach, Swansea
(liturgical) north wall of the nave
  Three Archangels Three Archangels
firm/studio: Robert J. Newbery
1911
Church of St Elvan, Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff
east wall of the north chapel
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
early twentieth century
Church of St Michael, Kerry, Powys
east wall of the south chancel
  Christ in Glory with Saints and Angels Christ in Glory with Saints and Angels
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
designer: Bryan Evans
1958
Church of St David, Nefyn, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: Arthur O'Connor
1859
Church of St Michael, Manafon, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Pietà with Saints Pietà with Saints
firm/studio: Joshua Clarke & Sons
1902
Cathedral Church of Our Lady of Sorrows, Wrexham
east wall of the chancel (window number: I)




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019