Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Michael and All Angels, Forden, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ227011
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church built in 1867 by Thomas Nicholson of Hereford to replace an earlier church on the site. The only survival of the earlier building is a font bowl of 1794.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: Thomas Nicholson


Works at this site:
  The Nativity with Michael and Raphael, and Scenes from the Gospels The Nativity with Michael and Raphael, and Scenes from the Gospels
firm/studio: Morris, Marshall, Faulkner & Co.
designer: Edward Coley Burne-Jones
1873
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Forden, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  St John and St Joseph of Arimathea St John and St Joseph of Arimathea
1884
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Forden, Powys
south wall of the chancel
  The Virgin Mary and St Mary Magdalene The Virgin Mary and St Mary Magdalene
1884
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Forden, Powys
south wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Michael and All Angels, Forden, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017