Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Benedict, Clydach, Swansea

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN698016
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Roman Catholic)
Church opened in 1915 to serve the Catholic congregation in the area, which had been meeting since 1907 at the instigation of Father Anthony Cox OSB.

Church website

Works at this site:
  Archangels Archangels
Church of St Benedict, Clydach, Swansea
(liturgical) north wall of the nave
  Narthex Windows Narthex Windows
firm/studio: Glantawe Studios
designer: Colwyn Morris
1998
Church of St Benedict, Clydach, Swansea
narthex
 Windows of Compassion Windows of Compassion
artist: Rachel Phillips
about 2005
Church of St Benedict, Clydach, Swansea
(liturgical) south wall of the nave
  Lady Chapel Windows Lady Chapel Windows
about 2005
Church of St Benedict, Clydach, Swansea
(liturgical) north wall of the Lady Chapel
Welsh Saints
artist: Rachel Phillips
2015
Church of St Benedict, Clydach, Swansea
south wall of nave above confessionals




Other sites at Clydach, Glamorgan
Calvaria
Church of St John the Baptist

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017