Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd (1886-1973)

Irish ecclesiastical decorators established by Joshua Clarke as Joshua Clarke & Sons and continued by his sons Harry Clarke, who took over the stained glass output of the firm, and his brother Walter. After Walter's death the firm became known as Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd in 1930, although Harry Clarke died shortly afterwards in 1931. The studio in Dublin continued under various managers until 1973, initially perpetuating the visual style of Harry Clarke.

Your search found 8 results.
  Pietá with Saints Pietá with Saints
firm/studio: Joshua Clarke & Sons
1902
Cathedral Church of Our Lady of Sorrows, Wrexham
east wall of the chancel
  The Nativity, Presentation in the Temple and the Holy Family in the Carpenter's Shop The Nativity, Presentation in the Temple and the Holy Family in the Carpenter's Shop
firm/studio: Joshua Clarke & Sons
about 1925
Church of St Joseph, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
sanctuary apse
Aged Simeon Holding the Infant Christ
artist: Harry Clarke
firm/studio: Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd
1928
Church of All Saints, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan
baptistry
  St Therese of Lisieux  St Therese of Lisieux
firm/studio: Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd
about 1929
Church of the Holy Name, Fishguard, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the nave
St Michael and the Giving of the Laws to Moses, with St Gabriel and the Annunciation
artist: Harry Clarke
firm/studio: Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd
1930
Church of All Saints, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan
  St Gregory and St Gertrude St Gregory and St Gertrude
firm/studio: Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd
1932
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
west end of the south aisle
  St Teresa and St Catherine St Teresa and St Catherine
firm/studio: Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd
1933
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
south wall of the south aisle (west end)
  Apparition of the Virgin Mary at Lourdes to Bernadette Apparition of the Virgin Mary at Lourdes to Bernadette
firm/studio: Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd
Church of the Holy Name, Fishguard, Pembrokeshire
western end of the nave, opposite the entrance.




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017