Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ160759
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Roman Catholic)
Church built at the expense of Rudolph Viscount Fielding and his wife Louisa Pennant, and intended as an Anglican church. However, after their conversion to Roman Catholicism in 1850 they withdrew their offer of the church to the diocese of St Asaph, and gave the church to the Capuchin friars, causing great controversy. Originally designed by T.H. Wyatt, the work on the the Church of St David, with St Asaph as a secondary patron, was completed by A.W.N. Pugin and the church opened in 1852.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Augustus Northmore Welby Pugin
   as architect: Thomas Henry Wyatt


Works at this site:
  Scenes from the Life of the Virgin Mary Scenes from the Life of the Virgin Mary
about 1873
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
south wall of the south aisle chapel
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: Michael and Arthur O'Connor
about 1855
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel
  Scenes from the Life of Christ with Donors Scenes from the Life of Christ with Donors
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
designer: John Hardman Powell
1852
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
north and south walls of the chancel
  St David St David
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
about 1852
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
  St Teresa and St Catherine St Teresa and St Catherine
firm/studio: Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd
1933
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
south wall of the south aisle (west end)
  St Gregory and St Gertrude St Gregory and St Gertrude
firm/studio: Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd
1932
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
west end of the south aisle
  Saints Saints
about 1885
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
south wall of the south aisle
  Saints Saints
firm/studio: Mayer & Co.
about 1880
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
north wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Pantasaph_MG_1327A.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017