Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Michael and All Angels, Manafon, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ113024

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church built in the fifteenth or possibly fourteenth century, with a fifteenth century roof. Restored in 1859, and again in 1898 by John Douglas of Chester. The parish was home to some notable rectors, including Walter Davies (Gwallter Mechain), William Morgan (Penfro) and R.S. Thomas.

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Douglas


Works at this site:
The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: Arthur O'Connor
1859
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Manafon, Powys
east wall of the chancel
Christ in the House of Mary and Martha
1901
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Manafon, Powys
south wall of the chancel
Head of an Angel
about 1500
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Manafon, Powys
east wall of the vestry
Head of an Angel
about 1500
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Manafon, Powys
east wall of the vestry



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Michael and All Angels, Manafon, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017