Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Search the database

You searched for:   subject=shield
Your search found 36 results.
  The Three Marys at the Empty Tomb    from    Receiving the Crown of Life The Three Marys at the Empty Tomb
from Receiving the Crown of Life

artist: Karl Parsons
1917
Church of St Mary, Tenby, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the north aisle (window number: nVIII)
  St Edmund St Edmund
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
about 1925
Church of St Mary, Betws-y-coed, Conwy
south wall of the south aisle
 Fortitude Fortitude
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
about 1921
Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend
nave
  St George    detail from    St David and St George St George
detail from St David and St George

firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1919
Church of St Michael, Caerwys, Flintshire
south wall of the chancel (window number: sIII)
  St Peter    detail from    The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John, St Michael and St Peter St Peter
detail from The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John, St Michael and St Peter

restorer: Burlison & Grylls
1546
Church of St Mary, Cilcain, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel
  Two Armoured Figures Two Armoured Figures
firm/studio: Percy Bacon Brothers
about 1918
Church of St Andrew, Narberth, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
  Loyalty and Courage Loyalty and Courage
about 1945
Church of St Katharine and St Peter, Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire
  Hugh Paganis    detail from    Alfred the Great and Hugh Paganis Hugh Paganis
detail from Alfred the Great and Hugh Paganis

man: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: Van Daele
about 1919
Church of St James, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the north transept (Memorial Chapel)
  St Gabriel and St Michael St Gabriel and St Michael
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1917
Church of St Theodore, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
south aisle
  St Martin    detail from    Receiving the Crown of Life with St George and St Martin St Martin
detail from Receiving the Crown of Life with St George and St Martin

firm/studio: A. L. Moore & Son
1919
Church of St Cynllo, Llangynllo, Ceredigion
west wall of the nave



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019