Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Works containing this subject

William Williams, Pantycelyn
61B2(WILLIAM WILLIAMS PANTYCELYN)


William Williams (1717-91) was born at Cefn-coed in the parish of Llanfair-ar-y-bryn, and was ordained deacon in 1740. From c.1748 he made his home at Pantycelyn, and became the most prominent hymnwriter of the Methodist movement in Wales, as well as a tireless itinerant preacher. He published more than 90 books and pamphlets. He is buried in the churchyard at Llanfair-ar-y-bryn.

Browse full subject index  List related subjects

  King David with St Twrog and William Williams Pantycelyn King David with St Twrog and William Williams Pantycelyn
about 1900
Church of St Twrog, Maentwrog, Gwynedd
west end of the nave
  Crucifixion with Vicar Prichard and William Williams Pantycelyn Crucifixion with Vicar Prichard and William Williams Pantycelyn
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1922
Church of St Mary, Llandovery, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2020 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2020