Goddard & Gibbs (established 1868)
Decorative glass studio working in the production and restoration of traditional stained glass as well as contemporary architectural glass. The firm was initially established as Walter Gibbs & Sons on Blackfriars Road in London. The studio was taken over by James Clark & Sons, and in 1938 acquired Goddards Glass Works. The firm was subsequently taken over by James Clark & Eaton, and in 1978 the studio was bought by Charles Clark. Their chief designer after this was John Lawson (1932-2009), who had joined the firm in 1970 from Faithcraft. Other designers for the firm included A.E. Buss, George Cooper-Abbs and Caroline Swash.
Show all artworks
Signatures and maker's marksBrowse list of people in the databaseView this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
NEW BOOK: Stained Glass from Welsh Churches:
by Martin Crampin
This fully illustrated hardback outlines the range and development of stained glass in Wales from the 14th century until today.
Order online at www.ylolfa.com