Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport

formerly in: Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST380834

Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport Whitson_DSC6706A.jpg Photo © Martin Crampin

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Medieval church of unknown dedication. The church at Whitson was restored by Prichard & Seddon in 1861, with further work by Arthur Grove in 1909. The church is now closed.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)


Search for further information about Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport on Google



Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
1884
Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport
east wall of the chancel
  The Baptism of Christ The Baptism of Christ
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
artist: A. E. Buss
1962
Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport
south wall of the nave (baptistry)



Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Whitson_DSC6697A.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019