Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

A. R. Mowbray & Co.


Oxford firm of ecclesiastical furnishers and religious booksellers. The firm was founded by Alfred Richard Mowbray (1824–75). A London address at Margaret Street, W1, is given by the firm in a letter of 1939. Their making of ecclesiastical fittings was taken over by J. Wippell & Co. in 1969, although the styles of both firms has similarities even in the 1930s, suggesting that perhaps there were longer lasting connections.




Search for further information about A. R. Mowbray & Co. on Google

Your search found 4 results
 Charity Thinketh No Evil Charity Thinketh No Evil
firm/studio: A. R. Mowbray & Co.
1933
Church of St Mary, Trefriw, Conwy
east wall of the south nave
  Llywelyn Fawr and Joan Llywelyn Fawr and Joan
firm/studio: A. R. Mowbray & Co.
1933
Church of St Mary, Trefriw, Conwy
north wall
  St Christopher and St John the Evangelist St Christopher and St John the Evangelist
firm/studio: A. R. Mowbray & Co.
designer: Arthur L. Ward
about 1936
Church of St David, Neath, Neath Port Talbot
west wall of the north aisle
image not available Dorcas
firm/studio: Mowbray & Co.
about 1939
Church of St Teilo, Llandeloy, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave


Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024