Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Trefriw, Conwy

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH780632
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Double-naved church dating from the fifteenth and sixteenth century, but said to have been founded by Llywelyn Fawr and his wife Joan in 1230. St Mary's church was restored in about 1850, and although the roofs are medieval, the exterior all dates from the nineteenth century.

Works at this site:
 Charity Thinketh No Evil Charity Thinketh No Evil
firm/studio: A. R. Mowbray
about 1932
Church of St Mary, Trefriw, Conwy
east wall of the south nave
  The Resurrection The Resurrection
firm/studio: Lavers, Barraud & Westlake
about 1889
Church of St Mary, Trefriw, Conwy
east wall of the north nave
  Llywelyn Fawr and Joan Llywelyn Fawr and Joan
firm/studio: A. R. Mowbray
about 1932
Church of St Mary, Trefriw, Conwy
north wall
  St David and St Deiniol St David and St Deiniol
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
1932
Church of St Mary, Trefriw, Conwy
south wall of the sanctuary
  St John and the Virgin and Child St John and the Virgin and Child
firm/studio: Lavers, Barraud & Westlake
about 1880
Church of St Mary, Trefriw, Conwy
south wall



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Mary, Trefriw, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017