Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Richard King (1907-1974)

Born in County Mayo, Richard King studied at Dublin Metropolitan School of Art, and was introduced to Harry Clarke by his tutor Austin Molloy. Having joined Harry Clarke's studio, he became the firm's chief designer after Clarke's death in 1931. He established his own stained glass studio in Dalkey in 1940, and many examples of his work may be found in Ireland. He also worked as a painter and illustrator.

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 75.

Ruth Sheehy, 'The Art of Richard King: Nazareth House' in Studies: An Irish Quarterly Review, vol. 84, no. 335, pp. 267-277 (1995).



Your search found 1 result.
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
artist: Richard King
about 1960
Church of the Holy Cross, Aberaeron, Ceredigion




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017