Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Gerald Edward Roberts Smith (1883-1959)

Stained glass designer. Born in Dorset and educated at Chester Arts School. Smith joined A. K. Nicholson's studio in 1906, and succeeded Nicholson in 1937 on his death. He was an early member of the British Society of Master Glass Painters, and Chairman from 1958-59. He had trained under Edward Frampton (1850-1929) who had himself trained with Clayton & Bell.

Your search found 3 results.
  St Basil and St Nicholas St Basil and St Nicholas
artist: Gerald Edward Roberts Smith
about 1943
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
north wall of the nave
  Te Deum Laudamus Te Deum Laudamus
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
designer: Gerald Edward Roberts Smith
1954
Church of St James, Uplands, Swansea
east wall of chancel
  The Ship of the Church The Ship of the Church
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
designer: Gerald Edward Roberts Smith
about 1955
Church of St James, Uplands, Swansea
west wall




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017