Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN457627

Church (Anglican)
Church built 1835 by Edward Haycock as part of his design for the Revd Alban Thomas Jones Gwynne's model town and port - also laid out by Haycock - the church was replaced 1871-72 by the present building, designed by Middleton & Goodman of Cheltenham. Middleton added the tower in 1878-80, and the firm, by then Prothero & Philott, was again employed 1897-9 to replace the apse with a larger chancel. Font and pulpit by Boulton of Cheltenham.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Prothero and Phillott


Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John with Saints The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John with Saints
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1932
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel
  The Four Evangelists The Four Evangelists
about 1880
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
west end of the nave
  St John the Evangelist and the Virgin Mary St John the Evangelist and the Virgin Mary
artist: Mary Lowndes
about 1920
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
south wall of the sanctuary
  Scenes from the Gospels Scenes from the Gospels
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1875
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
north wall of the chancel
  David and Asaph David and Asaph
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1925
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
north wall of the nave
  Christ Washing the Disciples Feet Christ Washing the Disciples Feet
firm/studio: G. Maile & Son
about 1981
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
north wall of the nave
  St Basil and St Nicholas St Basil and St Nicholas
artist: Gerald Edward Roberts Smith
about 1943
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
north wall of the nave
  St Cecilia and St Luke St Cecilia and St Luke
artist: Mary Lowndes
1925
Church of the Holy Trinity, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
south wall of the nave




Other sites at Aberaeron, Cardiganshire
Church of the Holy Cross

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017