formerly in: Radnorshire
Diocese of Swansea & Brecon (formerly: St Davids)
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SN90946384
Photo © Peter Joneslarger image
Isolated church located by the Garreg-ddu reservoir in the Elan Valley near Rhayader. The church was designed by Stephen Williams and built in 1903 to replace an earlier church that was drowned by the reservoir.
| Christ the Good Shepherd |
artist: Mary Lowndes
Nantgwyllt Chapel of Ease, Garreg-ddu, Powys
east window (sanctuary apse)
Photo © Peter Jones