Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St James and St Elidyr, Stackpole Elidor, Pembrokeshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SR9897
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Fifteenth century tower. Fourteenth century south chancel chapel. Church restored 1851-2 by George Gilbert Scott at the expense of John, 1st Earl Cawdor, of Stackpole Court. Cost £1804. Scott's fittings remain.

Works at this site:
  Resurrection with the Three Women at the Empty Tomb Resurrection with the Three Women at the Empty Tomb
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1881
Church of St James and St Elidyr, Stackpole Elidor, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  Solomon Directing the Building of the Temple Solomon Directing the Building of the Temple
1862
Church of St James and St Elidyr, Stackpole Elidor, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the south transept
  The Holy Family The Holy Family
about 1911
Church of St James and St Elidyr, Stackpole Elidor, Pembrokeshire
  Moses and Acts of Mercy Moses and Acts of Mercy
second half of the nineteenth century
Church of St James and St Elidyr, Stackpole Elidor, Pembrokeshire
west wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St James and St Elidyr, Stackpole Elidor, Pembrokeshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017