Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS933680
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The church is probably a twelfth century foundation, the Norman chancel arch and font remaining. Much building in the fifteenth century included the churchyard Calvary. The Lady Chapel dates to the sixteenth century. Restoration of 1878 and the tower was restored in 1907 by G. E. Halliday.

People associated with this site
   as architect: G. E. Halliday


Works at this site:
  St Donat St Donat
about 1862
Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan
east wall of the chancel
  St Peter and St Elizabeth St Peter and St Elizabeth
about 1865
Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan
south wall of the chancel
  The Feeding of the Multitude The Feeding of the Multitude
about 1889
Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan
chancel
  Chalice with the Host Chalice with the Host
Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan
chancel
  St Donats Castle and Lifeboat St Donats Castle and Lifeboat
artist: Roy Walter Coomber
2007
Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan
north wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Donat, St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
StDonats_DSC2733.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017