Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary Magdalene, St Clears, Carmarthenshire


Diocese of St Davids

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN28161574

Church (Anglican)

Founded around 1100 as a Cluniac priory of St Martin-des-Champs, Paris. Nave restored 1853-5 by R.K. Penson, and chancel 1883-4 by J. Middleton.

Parish website
For the monastic history of the site see Monastic Wales.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Mary Magdalene, St Clears, Carmarthenshire on Google



People associated with this site
   as architect: R. K. Penson


Works at this site:
  The Call of Nathaniel The Call of Nathaniel
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
about 1926-1929
Church of St Mary Magdalene, St Clears, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the nave
  The Beloved Physician and Paul in Prison The Beloved Physician and Paul in Prison
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
about 1926-1929
Church of St Mary Magdalene, St Clears, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the nave
  The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
about 1926-1929
Church of St Mary Magdalene, St Clears, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the nave
  St Christopher St Christopher
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
about 1929
Church of St Mary Magdalene, St Clears, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the chancel
  The Light of the World and The Good Shepherd The Light of the World and The Good Shepherd
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
about 1926
Church of St Mary Magdalene, St Clears, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the chancel
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
about 1926
Church of St Mary Magdalene, St Clears, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the chancel
  The Crucifixion The Crucifixion
firm/studio: Mayer & Co.
1901
Church of St Mary Magdalene, St Clears, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019