Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St German, Roath, Cardiff, Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: ST1977
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Built 1881-4 by G. F. Bodley. First church, known as 'The Splott Chapel' opened in a converted barn close to this site. Replaced by a second-hand iron building, purchased from Dudley, co. Worcs and erected 1876. Plans of present church approved 1881 and foundation stone 1882. Opened 1st October 1884. Consecrated 1886.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Bodley & Garner


Works at this site:
  Crucifixion with the Four Evangelists, the Annunciation and Saints Crucifixion with the Four Evangelists, the Annunciation and Saints
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
1900
Church of St German, Roath, Cardiff
east wall of the chancel
  The Adoration of the Magi The Adoration of the Magi
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe
1890
Church of St German, Roath, Cardiff
north wall of St Agnes Chapel




Other sites at Roath, Cardiff, Glamorgan
Church of St Margaret
Church of St Martin

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St German, Roath, Cardiff, Glamorgan height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_0638.jpg_MG_0639.jpg_MG_0601.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017