Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


Diocese of St Asaph

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO12389253

Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Powys Llanllwchaiarn_DSC7971A.jpg Photo © Martin Crampin

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

The Church of St Llwchaiarn was built in brick in 1815, and renovated in 1864 by R.J. Withers, when the chancel was added. The nave windows were Gothicised in 1869. The church is now home to the medieval Newtown screen, now in its third location.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Powys on Google



People associated with this site
   as architect: R. J. Withers


Works at this site:
  St Stephen and St Peter St Stephen and St Peter
firm/studio: Morris, Marshall, Faulkner & Co.
designer: William Morris
designer: Edward Coley Burne-Jones
designer: Ford Madox Brown
about 1870
Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Powys
south wall of the nave
  St Gabriel and St Michael St Gabriel and St Michael
artist: Henry Gustave Hiller
1920
Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Powys
south wall of the nave
  The Resurrection The Resurrection
firm/studio: Michael and Arthur O'Connor
about 1864
Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  The Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi The Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi
firm/studio: Michael and Arthur O'Connor
1868
Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Powys
north wall of the chancel
  Scenes with Christ and St Mary Magdalene Scenes with Christ and St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Charles Alexander Gibbs
about 1874
Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Powys
north wall of the nave
  Angels with Sacred Heraldry Angels with Sacred Heraldry
artist: Henry Gustave Hiller
1927
Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Powys
north wall of the nave

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019