Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St James the Great, Walwyns Castle, Pembrokeshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SM8711
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Tower late fourteenth/fifteenth century. Rebuilt 1869-78 by E. Wehnert but finished by E.H. Lingen Barker. Font medieval. Pews and pulpit by Barker. Described as an 'above average restoration'.

People associated with this site
   as architect: E. H. Lingen Barker


Works at this site:
  The Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi The Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi
firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: J. Hodges
1928
Church of St James the Great, Walwyns Castle, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Door of the Sheepfold with Symbols of the Sacrament The Door of the Sheepfold with Symbols of the Sacrament
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1990
Church of St James the Great, Walwyns Castle, Pembrokeshire
west wall



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St James the Great, Walwyns Castle, Pembrokeshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_0903.jpg_MG_0877.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017