Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO45661567
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church, with alterations and additions to the church under the direction of T.H. Wyatt in 1852-3 and 1875. Cox & Son provided a lavish interior decorative scheme in 1866, some of which is now lost.


Search for further information about Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire on Google





People associated with this site
   as architect: Thomas Henry Wyatt


Works at this site:
The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Lavers, Barraud & Westlake
1875
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel (window number: I)
The Four Evangellists
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
1866
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
north and south walls of the sanctuary (window number: sII, nII)
  Saints Saints
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe
1884
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
south wall of the south transept (window number: sIII)
The Adoration of the Magi
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
1914
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
south wall of the nave (window number: sIV)
  Choir of Angels Choir of Angels
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe
1879
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
west wall of the nave (window number: wI)
  St George and St Andrew St George and St Andrew
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1918
Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire
north wall of the nave



Church of St Cadoc, Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2018 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2018