Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Illtyd, Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO06180779
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Roman Catholic)
Church built in the 1840s to the design of the architect J. Scoles of London and opened in 1847. The church was enlarged in 1894 by the Benedictines and its orientation changed, with an apsidal chancel added at the south-west.

Works at this site:
Saints
about 1900
Church of St Illtyd, Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil
sanctuary apse
St Brigid and St John
probably early twentieth century
Church of St Illtyd, Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil
(liturgical) north wall of the north aisle




Other sites at Dowlais, Glamorgan
Church of St John






 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017