Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO26441388
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Christ Church was built in 1847 and designed by Wyatt & Brandon. Its chancel and north aisle were added in 1871-2 by J.D. Sedding.

Works at this site:
  St George St George
artist: Christopher Whall
about 1898
Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire
south wall of the chancel
  Scenes from the Gospels Scenes from the Gospels
about 1871
Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel
  St Matthew and St Mark    from    The Four Evangelists St Matthew and St Mark
from The Four Evangelists

firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson
1909
Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire
  Christ Appearing to St Thomas Christ Appearing to St Thomas
about 1860
Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire
  Landscape with Wine, Bread and Fruits Landscape with Wine, Bread and Fruits
artist: John Petts
1990
Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire
  The Eucharist The Eucharist
1987
Christ Church, Govilon, Monmouthshire








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017