Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ14627818
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The Church of St Mary and St Beuno is probably an early medieval foundation, and it is thought that the original dedication was to Beuno. Some of the fabric of the present church dates back to the fourteenth or fifteenth century. West tower of 1842-3, and major rebuilding in 1845/6, with further interior reordering in 1888 to the design of Ewan Christian.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Ewan Christian


Works at this site:
  Scenes from the Gospels Scenes from the Gospels
firm/studio: Charles Alexander Gibbs
1876
Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel
  Scenes from the Youth of Christ Scenes from the Youth of Christ
firm/studio: Lavers & Westlake
1898
Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire
east wall of the north aisle
  St Michael the Archangel and St David St Michael the Archangel and St David
firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne
1917
Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire
north wall of the north aisle
  The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
1968
Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire
north wall of the north aisle



Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017