Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Paul, Porth, Rhondda Cynon Taff

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST02659156
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The church was built in 1886-7 as St Paul's Mission Church, Pentrhiwgwynt, part of the parish of Llanwonno, but was not consecrated until May 1888. The north aisle was added in 1910. The chancel was refitted by Herbert North in 1925-6, when a chancel screen, reredos and celure was added, as well as the east window by F.C. Eden. The bell tower and and clergy vestry was added in 1935.

The church was closed in 2014-15.

People associated with this site
   as architect: E. M. Bruce Vaughan
   as architect: Herbert Luck North


Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and St Mary Magdalene The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and St Mary Magdalene
artist: F. C. Eden
about 1925
Church of St Paul, Porth, Rhondda Cynon Taff
east wall of the chancel
  Memorial Window Memorial Window
firm/studio: Glantawe Studios
artist: Tim Lewis
1988
Church of St Paul, Porth, Rhondda Cynon Taff
south wall of the sanctuary
  St Paul St Paul
firm/studio: Glantawe Studios
designer: Bryan Evans
1998
Church of St Paul, Porth, Rhondda Cynon Taff
south wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Paul, Porth, Rhondda Cynon Taff height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Porth_DSC2313-71A.jpgPorth_DSC2238-71A.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017