Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Michael, Trelawnyd, Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ08907964

Church (Anglican)
The church at Trelawnyd was built in 1724 on a medieval site, when the parish was known as Newmarket. The building was restored in 1863, and again by Douglas & Fordham of Chester in 1895-7.

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Douglas


Works at this site:
The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and St Mary Magdalene
artist: A. O. Hemming
1894
Church of St Michael, Trelawnyd, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel
The Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
Church of St Michael, Trelawnyd, Flintshire
south wall of the chancel
Christ the Good Shepherd and the Virgin & Child
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
Church of St Michael, Trelawnyd, Flintshire
north wall of the chancel
The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb
1930
Church of St Michael, Trelawnyd, Flintshire
north wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017