Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Paul, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST11196788
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church built in 1893–3 by Kempson & Fowler on a sloping site above the road and almost hidden in the trees, with a hall adjacent. The Church of St Paul was enlarged by the addition of a north aisle in 1906 by Kempson, and by a new western entrance in the 1960s.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Charles Busteed Fowler
   as architect: F. R. Kempson


Works at this site:
  The Risen Christ with Angels The Risen Christ with Angels
designer: Christopher Webb
1934
Church of St Paul, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
east wall of the chancel
  Memorial Window Memorial Window
artist: Frederick W. Cole
about 1973
Church of St Paul, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
south wall of the south aisle
  St Paul St Paul
about 1917
Church of St Paul, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
north wall of the north aisle
  St Peter St Peter
about 1925
Church of St Paul, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
north wall of the north aisle
  St Louis St Louis
about 1911
Church of St Paul, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
north wall of the north aisle




Other sites at Barry, Glamorgan
Church of St Helen

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Paul, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017