Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Pentrefoelas Parish Church, Pentrefoelas, Conwy

formerly in: Denbighshire


Diocese of St Asaph

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH87315157

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Nineteenth-century church built on an medieval site, replacing a church of 1766. The present church was designed by Gilbert Scott in 1857-9 for Charles Griffith Wynne of Voelas. The church was closed in about 2012.


CPAT Historic Churches Survey

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Pentrefoelas Parish Church, Pentrefoelas, Conwy on Google



People associated with this site
   as architect: Giles Gilbert Scott


Works at this site:
  Scenes from the New Testament Scenes from the New Testament
artist: Francis Wilson Oliphant
1857
Pentrefoelas Parish Church, Pentrefoelas, Conwy
east wall of the chancel (window number: I)
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
about 1900
Pentrefoelas Parish Church, Pentrefoelas, Conwy
south wall of the sanctuary (window number: sII)
  The Resurrection and Ascension The Resurrection and Ascension
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
about 1863
Pentrefoelas Parish Church, Pentrefoelas, Conwy
west wall of the nave
  The Adoration of the Shepherds The Adoration of the Shepherds
designer: Ninian Comper
1912
Pentrefoelas Parish Church, Pentrefoelas, Conwy
south wall of the nave
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
designer: Ninian Comper
1935
Pentrefoelas Parish Church, Pentrefoelas, Conwy
north wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Pentrefoelas Parish Church, Pentrefoelas, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Pentrefoelas_DSC9257B.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019