St Winifrede's Well and Well Chapel, Holywell, Flintshire
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SJ18517627
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]
Extra-parochial Chapel (Roman Catholic)
St Winifrede's Well consists of the mid-late fifteenth century well chamber and a chapel in the upper storey. The adjacent gardens were formed when the previous building (a brewery) was bought by the diocese and demolished in about 1929. The former entrance to the courtyard was converted into a chapel in about 1991.Works at this site:Other sites at Holywell, FlintshireChurch of St Winefride