Church of St Mary, Llan, Powys
formerly in: Montgomeryshire
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SH88410078
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]
Early medieval site with an unknown original dedication, rededicated to Mary by the thirteenth century. The church housed a school until 1856. The settlement of Llanbrynmair around the church has mostly moved north to the main road between Machynlleth and Newtown.CPAT Historic Churches Survey
Works at this site:View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
Search for further information about Church of St Mary, Llan, Powys on Google