Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St David, Blaenporth, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN262487
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church rebuilt in 1864–5 to the design of R.J. Withers, replacing an earlier building of around 1800, located on a medieval site. The church was altered by W.D. Caröe in around 1920, when the spire was removed.

People associated with this site
   as architect: W. D. Caröe
   as architect: R. J. Withers


Works at this site:
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: Lavers & Barraud
about 1864
Church of St David, Blaenporth, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel
  The Virgin Mary and St Elizabeth The Virgin Mary and St Elizabeth
firm/studio: Lavers & Westlake
1904
Church of St David, Blaenporth, Ceredigion
south wall of the chancel
  St David St David
firm/studio: C. G. Toft
about 2000
Church of St David, Blaenporth, Ceredigion
north wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St David, Blaenporth, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Blaenporth_DSC4886_53A.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017