Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Former English Congregational Church, Pontycymer, Bridgend

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS905914
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Chapel (English Congregationalist)
The first chapel on the site was built in 1895, and was replaced in 1904 with a building designed by the architect P.J. Thomas of Bridgend. The church was recently closed and is now known as 'The Gothic'.

Works at this site:
  Women Performing Acts of Mercy Women Performing Acts of Mercy
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
about 1904
Former English Congregational Church, Pontycymer, Bridgend
over the altar
  Decorative Window Decorative Window
about 1904
Former English Congregational Church, Pontycymer, Bridgend



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017