Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Simon and St Jude, Llanddeusant, Carmarthenshire


Diocese of St Davids 

Church (Anglican)

Medieval double-naved church, with fabric perhaps dating to the fourteenth century, although the foundation is certainly older. The south nave was added in the fifteenth century and the tower perhaps in the sixteenth century. The church was restored in 18856 by John Norton, and there was a further restoration in 191314.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


People associated with this site
   as architect: John Norton


Works at this site:
  Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World
firm/studio: probably Robert J. Newbery
about 1914
Church of St Simon and St Jude, Llanddeusant, Carmarthenshire
north wall
  The Ascension The Ascension
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1885
Church of St Simon and St Jude, Llanddeusant, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN77692453



Search for further information about Church of St Simon and St Jude, Llanddeusant, Carmarthenshire on Google



User contributed comments

The architect believed to have been involved with the 1883 restoration was thought to not have been John Norton, himself, but a jumior in Norton's office.

Ref: Lecture given in the church, after May 2000, to Carmarthenshire Antiquary Society.

Submitted by: Carole Spackman (2015-02-07 17:04:06)

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024