Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST456876
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
The Church of St Mary, Rogiet, is a medieval building, with fabric perhaps dating from the fourteenth century. The arcade and roofs, as well as some fittings, date from work by Seddon & Carter in 1903.

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Coates Carter
   as architect: John Pollard Seddon


Works at this site:
Virgin and Child with Christ as the Sower and the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
artist: A. W. Robinson
1929
Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire
east wall of the chancel
Christ with Children
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1966
Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire
south wall of the nave
Peter's Commission
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1966
Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire
north wall of north aisle
The Adoration of the Shepherds
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1959
Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire
north wall of north aisle
The Annunciation
artist: Geoffrey Robinson
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
1981
Church of St Mary, Rogiet, Monmouthshire
west wall of the north aisle



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017