Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Philip, Caerdeon, Gwynedd

formerly in: Merioneth


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH651181
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Church built in 1865, but not consecrated until 1875 following legal disputes over the use of English in the services. Caerdeon Chapel was built to the design of Revd John Lewis Petit, for his brother-in-law Revd W.E. Jelf, in an unusual style modelled on rustic Italian churches of the southern Alps.

Works at this site:
The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: C. E. Kempe
about 1895
Church of St Philip, Caerdeon, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel
South Transept Wndow
about 1887
Church of St Philip, Caerdeon, Gwynedd
south wall of the south transept
West Wndow
about 1887
Church of St Philip, Caerdeon, Gwynedd
west wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017