Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Stephen, Bodfari, Denbighshire

formerly in: Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ092701
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Peter Jones

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church dating back to at least the eleventh century. The tower is fifteenth or perhaps early sixteenth century and the south aisle was added in the sixteenth century. Repairs and restorations were undertaken during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries; the 1865 restoration undertaken by T.H. Wyatt.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: Thomas Henry Wyatt


Works at this site:
  Faith, Hope and Charity Faith, Hope and Charity
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1909
Church of St Stephen, Bodfari, Denbighshire
north wall of the nave
  Christ in Majesty with Acts of Mercy Christ in Majesty with Acts of Mercy
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1866
Church of St Stephen, Bodfari, Denbighshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Virgin Mary with a Family Group The Virgin Mary with a Family Group
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1909
Church of St Stephen, Bodfari, Denbighshire
west end of the south aisle



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Stephen, Bodfari, Denbighshire height=

Photo © Peter Jones








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017