formerly in: Merioneth
Diocese of St Asaph
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SJ11134357
Photo © Martin Crampinlarger image
Church of Llansanffraid Glyndyfrdwy, built on the site in 1611 after the flooding of its predecessor near the River Dee. The building was restored in 1852, and a new chancel designed by G.E. Street was added in 1867, at the expense of Gertrude Jane Mary Lloyd, in memory of her husband John Lloyd, who died in 1865.
CPAT Historic Churches Survey
| The Crucifixion with Bystanders |
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
Church of St Ffraid, Carrog, Denbighshire
east wall of the chancel
Photo © Martin Crampin