Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Foddhyd, Clocaenog, Denbighshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ082542
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church associated with both Trillo and Meddwyd (the later with variations including Medwida and Foddhyd), a daughter of Idloes. Late medieval features survived the restorations in 1856-7 and 1882, including the rood screen, the font and some sixteenth century glass.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Works at this site:
  Medieval Fragments Medieval Fragments
about 1538
Church of St Foddhyd, Clocaenog, Denbighshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: William Holland
about 1865
Church of St Foddhyd, Clocaenog, Denbighshire
south wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Foddhyd, Clocaenog, Denbighshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017