Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of the Holy Trinity, Leighton, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ242059
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Built as an estate church in 1851-3 by W.H. Gee of Liverpool for John Naylor. The church retains its Victorian fittings, including the entire glazing scheme by Forrest & Bromley. The church is now in the Diocese of Hereford.

Works at this site:
Christ with the Four Evangelists
firm/studio: Forrest & Bromley
about 1853
Church of the Holy Trinity, Leighton, Powys
east wall of the chancel
Scenes and Characters from the Old and New Testaments
firm/studio: Forrest & Bromley
about 1853
Church of the Holy Trinity, Leighton, Powys
west wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017