Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Cedwyn, Llangedwyn, Powys

formerly in: Denbighshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ188241
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Church rebuilt in 1869-70, incorporating both some medieval masonry and, in the porch, Romanesque work from an earlier Victorian church.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Works at this site:
The Nativity and the Symbols of the Four Evangelists
firm/studio: William Wailes
about 1870
Church of St Cedwyn, Llangedwyn, Powys
east wall of the chancel
Memorial Window
firm/studio: Ward & Hughes
about 1883
Church of St Cedwyn, Llangedwyn, Powys
north wall of the nave
Christ Appearing to His Disciples
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
Church of St Cedwyn, Llangedwyn, Powys
north wall








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2018 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2018