Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Cynwyl, Aberporth, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN256510
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The medieval church was replaced by a new church, built by R.J. Withers in 1855-7, at a cost of £750.

People associated with this site
   as architect: R. J. Withers


Works at this site:
  The Resurrection The Resurrection
artist: Alfred Bell
firm/studio: N. W. Lavers
about 1855
Church of St Cynwyl, Aberporth, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel
  West Window West Window
firm/studio: N. W. Lavers
about 1856
Church of St Cynwyl, Aberporth, Ceredigion
west wall of the nave
  St David and St Cynwyl St David and St Cynwyl
artist: Alfred L. Wilkinson
1939
Church of St Cynwyl, Aberporth, Ceredigion
south wall of the sanctuary



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Cynwyl, Aberporth, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017