Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Elidan, Llanelidan, Denbighshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ110505
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Double-naved medieval church, dating back to the thirteenth century. The south nave was added in the late-fifteenth or early-sixteenth century, and stained glass fragments of this date survive. The church was restored in 1890.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Works at this site:
  Medieval Fragments Medieval Fragments
late fifteenth century - early sixteenth century
Church of St Elidan, Llanelidan, Denbighshire
vestry screen
  Medieval Fragments Medieval Fragments
late fifteenth century - early sixteenth century
Church of St Elidan, Llanelidan, Denbighshire
east wall of the north nave
  Medieval Fragments Medieval Fragments
late fifteenth century - early sixteenth century
Church of St Elidan, Llanelidan, Denbighshire
east wall of the south nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Elidan, Llanelidan, Denbighshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017