Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Tysilio, Llandysilio, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ267193
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Church built in 1867-8 by G.E. Street, on the site of a probable early medieval foundation. Reredos by Thomas Earp and glass in the east and west walls by Clayton and Bell. A window in the south wall of the nave by James Powell & Sons.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: George Edmund Street


Works at this site:
East Window
designer: George Edmund Street
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1867
Church of St Tysilio, Llandysilio, Powys
east wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017