Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Teilo, Pontarddulais, Swansea

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN596032
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church built in 1850-1 to the design of William Richards of Swansea. It replaces the nearby medieval church of Llandeilo Talybont, which was closed in 1970 and subsequently removed and rebuilt at the National History Museum, St Fagans.

Works at this site:
  Christ with St Teilo and St Carannog Christ with St Teilo and St Carannog
artist: Joan Howson
1952
Church of St Teilo, Pontarddulais, Swansea
east wall of the chancel
  St Teilo St Teilo
firm/studio: A. L. Moore & Son
1905
Church of St Teilo, Pontarddulais, Swansea
south wall of the nave
  St David St David
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1958
Church of St Teilo, Pontarddulais, Swansea
north wall of the nave
  Roundels Roundels
about 1852
Church of St Teilo, Pontarddulais, Swansea
vestry screen



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Teilo, Pontarddulais, Swansea height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017