Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy

formerly in: Denbighshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH875674
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
The medieval church is an early medieval foundation, with some of the present fabric dating back to the thirteenth century. Restoration took place in 1849.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

Works at this site:
  The Last Judgement with Acts of Mercy The Last Judgement with Acts of Mercy
artist: Charles Clutterbuck
about 1830
Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy
east wall of the chancel
  St Paul St Paul
about 1893
Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy
north wall of the sanctuary
  St John St John
about 1893
Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy
south wall of the sanctuary
  Virtues Virtues
firm/studio: Ballantine & Allan
about 1853
Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy
south wall of the south transept
  St Digain St Digain
firm/studio: Meridian Stained Glass
artist: Barry Brady
about 2000
Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy
south wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Digain, Llangernyw, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017