Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Capel Als, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN511003
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Chapel (Independent)
Chapel originally built in 1780 and rebuilt several times, the present chapel being a partial rebuild of 1894 by O. Morris Roberts of Portmadog, retaining much of the earlier design of Thomas Thomas of 1852-3.

An extensive photographic survey by the Royal Commission includes figurative glass in the chapel, available on the Coflein website.

Works at this site:
Peter's Commission
probably 1890s or 1900s
Capel Als, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire
Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
probably 1890s or 1900s
Capel Als, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire
Virgin and Child
probably 1890s or 1900s
Capel Als, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire




Other sites at Llanelli, Carmarthenshire
Church of All Saints

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017