Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of All Saints, Llanfrechfa, Torfaen

formerly in: Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST320936
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
All Saints Church was rebuilt in 1873-4, retaining the tower, west end of the nave and south porch. The Gothic design was by Charles Buckeridge, although John Loughborough Pearson took over the project after the death of Buckeridge.

Some of the stained glass windows of the church can be found on the: Parish website.

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Loughborough Pearson


Works at this site:
Christ in Glory with Saints
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1874
Church of All Saints, Llanfrechfa, Torfaen
east wall of the chancel
Christ with Children and Mary Magdalene
artist: George Rogers
about 1854
Church of All Saints, Llanfrechfa, Torfaen
north wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017