Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Llanfair-yng-Nghornwy, Anglesey


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH327908
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church with fabric dating back to the eleventh and twelfth century. The chancel was rebuilt in the fifteenth century, and the south chapel and arcade dates to the early sixteenth century.

Works at this site:
  Christ Blessing the Elements, Carrying the Cross and with Children Christ Blessing the Elements, Carrying the Cross and with Children
artist: David Evans
1850
Church of St Mary, Llanfair-yng-Nghornwy, Anglesey
east wall of the chancel
  South Window South Window
artist: David Evans
about 1850
Church of St Mary, Llanfair-yng-Nghornwy, Anglesey
south wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Mary, Llanfair-yng-Nghornwy, Anglesey height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017